Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Phillip R. Greaves II

Phillip R Greaves II

IN NO SHAPE, FORM, OR FASHION DO I SUPPORT OR PARTAKE IN PEDOPHILIA. I AM COMPLETELY AGAINST SUCH DISGUSTING ACTS.

I was watching CNN one morning, very early, maybe 7:30 am. Anyway a couple reporters were having a conversation about an author being arressted for a book he wrote. It wasn’t until later in the conversation that I found out what he wrote. Phillip R. Greaves II wrote a book called “The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: a Child-lover's Code of Conduct.” Now I understand that this material may be inappropriate to have published, or sold for that matter, but who is anyone to punish this man for exercisizing his first amendment right.
I have seen in plenty of bookstores across the nation teaching people how to grow marijuana, I have never seen anyone criminally charged for writing such books, and according to my knowledge, Proposition 19 was turned down, meaning possession and growing of marijuana is still a federal offense. So what makes this mans book so much more dangerous?  I am completely against pedophilia, however I am not against the first amendment. I firmly believe that this man was within his jurisdiction to write this book. Do I agree with what he wrote? No. That just means I will never read it or buy it. Do I disagree with maybe running a background check on this man? No. I think if you are going to write about such subject you need to make sure you are clean and have never committed such offenses. The man was later charged with “Obscenity” in the state of Florida. Which if that is the case then I believe they should charge all of the people in Florida for at one time owning/smoking/growing/trafficking marijuana, because if you are going to do to one you must do to all. Besides that’s what America was founded on, right?
Let’s say a man writes a book about “God” there are plenty of books like that so this shouldn’t be hard. I am not in any shape, form or fashion religious, so do that mean I can press charges against this man for publishing something I don’t believe in? Probably not, because more than three quarters of the world believes in a higher being, and it would be a losing case for me.

I HAVE NEVER READ THIS MANS BOOK, NOR HAVE I EVER SEEN THIS BOOK BEFORE, I DO NOT SUPPORT PEDOPHILIA.

Now who’s to say this book, didn’t have a lead towards someone he knew who was partaking in pedophilia? Well, if it did, we probably won’t know now, it could have helped identify those who we as American citizens might not know who are pedophiles. Now we’ll never catch those in which we believe are committing these crimes.
The first amendment states…
Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. 12/15/1791.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Who gave anyone the right to pick and choose what is acceptable and unacceptable, maybe the FCC, but even then all they did was put a label on music, and confine us to what we can and cannot say on radio, television and such…
I have no right telling you what you can and cannot do or say in this nation, so what made this man such a target?

2 comments:

  1. I find it a little disturbing that you are relating the molestation of children to smoking marijuana. Actually, this whole post is supposed to be about the first amendment if I'm not mistaken, which smoking marijuana has nothing whatsoever to do with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can’t defend that brother first amendment is great I agree but that’s child molestation.

    ReplyDelete