Wednesday, December 29, 2010

One Bad Judgment Call...

I’m twenty-one years young, and through all of my years of being influenced by the media, everything from the Clinton Trials, Jersey Shore, to Facebook they all had one common goal, SEX.
 Now, if you are reading this in hopes to get some steamy sex story then you might as well stop here…

Still with me? Okay cool. I am a male, so this may be a little unusual for a guy to complain about the subject but I like to consider myself a little “unusual.” (I really hate the word creepy.)
Anyway, all the media is trying to do anymore is turn each and every single one of us into nymphomaniacs, to where all we see of each other is nothing but objects of pleasure, not a living, breathing, being in which has a heart and pumps the same blood as each and every other being on this earth. You see it everywhere you go, Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch; you see it on Billboards, Facebook and Craigslist. You cannot go anywhere without someone trying to influence your judgment on beauty and what makes a person who they are. I know that looks swayed a lot of peoples vote when it came time to elect JFK; I am not saying he was our worst president by any means, but it was an influence to many women voters.
I have noticed over the years that sex complicates relationships, and can cause things to go numb between couples. Things change after sex is involved, whether it’s for better or worse, it depends on how early in the relationship sex became involved.
I am by no means saying “abstinence is the only way to go” I am simply saying that sex makes people lose sight of what their relationship was truly about. It all starts with a single common interest, after time and talking to one another, it blossoms into something stronger then you learn that the two of you had more in common than what was originally the topic of discussion.
A relationship is about, being attracted to the person, mentally, emotionally, and physically, and the whole “I need to express myself physically” excuse is just that, an excuse. Kissing, holding hands, hugging, cuddling, make things that much more meaningful, and intimate.
How do you think these fifty, sixty-year marriages last? Because of sex? No. It’s because of the connection and interests the two of you share, because after decades of being with someone, you really have to worry about one of you breaking a hip during sex.

I guess the message of this all is that we as a society have become blind to what truly makes a person “beautiful.”
Beauty most certainly has nothing to do with a persons whorish appeal of posing half nude on facebook, myspace, xanga, twitter, whatever new spot there is, it has to do with what comes from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment